Stay in the most spectacular private rainforest retreat in Northern Australia. Wanggulay is first choice for honeymooners, couples, small groups and families. Wanggulay is all yours!
Leave your world behind
This absolute five star accommodation luxury hideaway blurs the line between indoors and out.
Surrounded by water and world heritage listed rainforest you are perfectly placed to walk the trails of the national park, canoe the Barron River Gorge, swim in natural waterfalls or simply relax on the balconies and private platform overlooking the river. Dive on the Great Barrier Reef or enjoy a sunset walk on nearby Palm Cove beach.
Five star accommodation
Up To 9 Beds
Up to 13 Guests
Free Unlimited Fast Wifi
Infinity Edge Salt Water Pool
Absorb the lush forest atmosphere
The Barron River flows from the mountains to the Coral Sea as it cuts through the rainforest in the spectacular Barron Gorge.
The river widens and the current slows amongst the rocky outcrops and small clearings where families picnic and swim in the cool water.
Relax in five-star accommodation luxury
Sitting on the hillside above the river the luxurious pole home is filled with exotic oriental Balinese furniture, daybeds on the balconies, polished hardwoods, elegant fabrics, handsome statues and lush tropical plants.
Nearby, the Great Barrier Reef, World Heritage rainforests, the vibrant tropical beaches of Palm Cove, Yorkeys Knob lined with coconut trees and Cairns city.
Choose your own adventure
- Walk the marked trails of World Heritage listed rainforest right on your doorstep.
- Explore the rock pools and waterfalls of Stoney creek.
- Walk down to the Barron river by private pathway.
- Canoe the Barron river gorge.
- Fish for famous Barramundi in the lower reaches of the Barron river.
- Dive or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
- Sunset walks on the beach at Palm Cove.
- Skyrail over the rainforest canopy.
- Take a picnic to Crystal Cascades.
- Explore the wonderful Rusty’s fresh produce markets.
- Dine out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
- Take a short drive along kilometres of unspoilt coastline to Port Douglas have lunch and explore
Why Stay at Wanggulay
- Award Winning 5 Star Accommodation
- A Queensland Weekender Favourite
- HomeAway Highest Rated Holiday Rental in Australia
- TripAdvisor Recommended Stays 2012-15
- Wanggulay Dreaming – You will not want to leave
- 2 x 20 metre Wooden Balconies – River Viewing Platform
- Walk Out into The Treetops
- Daybed for two on the Balcony
- 53″ Flat screen HD TV
- Central Airconditioning
- Award Winning Architectural Infinity Edge Pool
- 6 Burner Stainless Steel Barbeque
- Laundry Facilities
- Ideal for Conferences and Retreats
- Childrens Facilities
- DVD Books Games
- NetFlix with Latest Movies and Tv Series
- Apple TV with 50+ Free online HD Movies and TV Series
- Miele Dishwasher
- Wedding/Meditation Platform on River
- Heated Infinity Edge Pool
- Free Unlimited WiFi
- Five Star Accommodation
- Gourmet kitchen
- 12-minute walk to Tropical Waterfalls
- Luxurious Spa Bath
- Child Friendly
- Safety Rails on request
- High chair
- Gourmet Kitchen Facilities
- In-house Movies/DVDs/Apple TV/NetFlix
- Ironing Facilities
- Luxury Bed Linen
- Coffee Machine and Pods
- Coffee Plunger
- Stove Top Espresso Coffee Maker
- Under Cover Parking
- Fruit Juicer
- Pets by Arrangement
- Pool Spa- 30 degrees
- Spa Bath
- Poolside Dining
- Balcony Dining
- Sound System with Docking Facility
- Swimming Pool
- Table Tennis
- Luxury Towels Supplied